My 1941 P12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Yergin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: My 1941 P12 Reply with quote

We bought our 1941 Plymouth P12 Special Deluxe station wagon in October 1988. I have been working on it off and on since then with interruptions for three job changes, two kids, finishing the renovation of our 1823 house and the construction of an addition to the house that doubled its size (having two kids will create the need for space). I also dealt with an illness that kept from working for 6 months. However, as of October 31, 2008 I had a driveable car and met my 20 year deadline (my original deadline was my now 15 year old son's first day of kindergarten). There are still things to be done but at least it is back on the road.
Jim Yergin

p18plywood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: 41 woodie Reply with quote

Well worth the wait. It's a beauty. That was a good idea to give yourself a reasonable time frame in which to restore it. When I started mine I thought I could have it on the road in a couple of years. Today, seven years later I'm still working on it. There has been some very solid progress, but what I really underestimated was the financial strain on my modest income. Seeing projects like yours keeps me going. Now my deadline is to finish it while I am still able to drive.
Gerry

Jim Yergin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gerry. I found it really helped treating my project as a series of small projects to be completed and appreciated each on their own merits.
Jim Yergin
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car is looking great Jim. Now I dont feel so bad that mine has been going on for three years now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: