Newest Member mr'41

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Newest Member mr'41 Reply with quote

Our newest member mr'41 owns this beauty. he would like to know how you tell if the car is on a P11 or a p12 frame.

Check out his website. Hes an artist and has a whole gallery of woodies hes painted
http://www.hutchinsonsart.com

He's thinking of selling this car, and wants to know what cars like this are selling for these days. Anyone want to guess at a value?

41ply.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.35 KB
 Viewed:  20168 Time(s)

41ply.jpg

p18plywood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: market value of 41 Plymouth Reply with quote

There are a number of factors that seem to guide the market. Some people are looking for a particular make of car or a certain year. Some are willing to pay top dollar for low milage originals. Right now the biggest money seems to be in quality built resto rods. Not my cup of tea, but I can see why someone wiould enjoy these toys.I have seen prices for 40s Plymouths from $65k to $125k, (at least that was the asking price) You can't find much on the market, of any make, in good restored condition, for less than $50k. This is big range of price and it probably would be worth getting a pro appraiser, when there is this much money involved. Woodiesusa.com might be able to help.
Gerry

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Huchison just called to let me know this car is now for sale. If you know anyone interested please contact him
Jim Yergin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Member mr'41 Reply with quote

[quote="Admin"]Our newest member mr'41 owns this beauty. he would like to know how you tell if the car is on a P11 or a p12 frame./quote]

If the car has "Special Deluxe" emblems then it is a P12. If it has the original engine then the engine number should start with P12 if it is a P12.
Jim Yergin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: