Eds "49
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat and thresholds Reply with quote

p18plywood wrote:
Hi Ed:
Did you get a rubber floor mat for the interior or did you go with carpets? Do you have rubber thresholds for the doors or did you find something else to replace them? I have a set of thresholds in pretty good shape but they are too brittle and I don't think they should be used except as patterns to reproduce new ones. Have you got any pics of the interior?
Gerry

Floors I've seen made with rubber rolls are OK, but dont look original. Carpet looks good and muffles the road noise. If I cant match the original, I would rather have carpet.

I have thresholds, but they are pretty brittle. I would rather get new ones if I can find them. I'll post some interior pictures later.
p18plywood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: floor mat and threshold Reply with quote

Restoration Specialties in Pennsylvania sells ribbed rubber mat that is almost identical to the original. If you took a Dremel router and removed every fifth rib on the mat, it would be identical. Nobody is reproducing the front floor mat. Even an an NOS would now be to brittle to use. Likewise the thresholds, no one repros them and none of those from other Mopar models will fit, Dodge, Chrysler, DeSoto. There is probably a very limited market for reproduction thresholds for Plymouth wagons.
Gerry

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: floor mat and threshold Reply with quote

p18plywood wrote:
Restoration Specialties in Pennsylvania sells ribbed rubber mat that is almost identical to the original. If you took a Dremel router and removed every fifth rib on the mat, it would be identical. Nobody is reproducing the front floor mat. Even an an NOS would now be to brittle to use. Likewise the thresholds, no one repros them and none of those from other Mopar models will fit, Dodge, Chrysler, DeSoto. There is probably a very limited market for reproduction thresholds for Plymouth wagons.
Gerry

Ive seen a couple of cars done with that mat. You cant get it to lay flat on the front floorboards around the transmission hump. It just doesnt look nice like the original heat molded mats.
p18plywood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't argue with that. I may just put rubber mat in the back and a short nap carpet in the front.
Gerry

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the interior pics:

008.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  326.86 KB
 Viewed:  38697 Time(s)

008.JPG

005.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  330.87 KB
 Viewed:  38697 Time(s)

005.JPG

p18plywood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Everything looks first rate. I've followed this since the beginning and it is well worth the effort and time that it took. I'll see if I can get some pics of mine where she currently stands. I'm reassemblling the wood.
Gerry

Franklyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ed,

Sure looks like you here in this link!!
do you know this guy?
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/carphotosbyrichard/tags/1949plymouthspecialdeluxewagon/

The only thing that tips me off that its not you is the front door locks.

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Franklyn...

Panels on that one are maple, mine are mahogany. Got a new problem. ICBC wont give me collector insurance because I wont remove the surfing stickers on the rear window. Will just get regular insurance for the rest of the summer.
gilbey16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You did a very nice job!! Your car looks great. I am just starting on my 50 and hope to see it like yours someday. Do you know if the rocker panels for a 4 door will fit the wagon? If not do you have any suggestions for me as to where I could get some. I need a lot of floor work.

Thanks, Jim
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilbey16 wrote:
Wow. You did a very nice job!! Your car looks great. I am just starting on my 50 and hope to see it like yours someday. Do you know if the rocker panels for a 4 door will fit the wagon? If not do you have any suggestions for me as to where I could get some. I need a lot of floor work.

Thanks, Jim

I replied to your other post in more detail. I found a sedan with a good floor and replaced the whole floor. Lots of work, but theres not a single patch panel in the floor anywhere. Had the rockers made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: