36 woody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: 36 woody Reply with quote

Friend and I are restoring a 36 Plymouth woody, we think 1 of 2 remaining. There is another near Sweedsboro, NJ. Metal was in excellent condition considering the age and use, body was sawdust from the back doors back and the roof, front doors. Woodwork about 80% complete, metal work in progress. Chassis is next. The plastic side panel had been replaced with channels and sliding glass. We are trying to restore it with those channels, but rear quater metal frames were chopped up or missing. Any ideas of a source for these?? Also, aluminum rain gutter is not salvageable, source for this??

I can e-mail pics but never really figured how to post pics on these sights.
Bill Taber
Wilmington, DE
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill:
Welcome to the board.
Dont know a lot about the 36's, but you can just email me the pictures and I will put them up for you just send them to:
support(AT)plymouthwoodys.com (replace (AT) with @)
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the pics of Bills '36:

rear1_06A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.31 KB
 Viewed:  25989 Time(s)

rear1_06A.jpg

Lquarter1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.05 KB
 Viewed:  25990 Time(s)

Lquarter1.jpg

lft12_08A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.6 KB
 Viewed:  25991 Time(s)

lft12_08A.jpg

36woody1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.02 KB
 Viewed:  25992 Time(s)

36woody1.jpg

p18plywood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: 36 woody Reply with quote

It is hard to understand exactly what it is that you need from your message, but if you are looking for the U shaped felt lined sliding window channel, it is available from Restoration Specialties in PA. As for the rain gutter, there is a man in the Northwest who sells repro raingutter kits on ebay. He makes them for all models. Not cheap,around $1500 or $1600.
I believe this is the first year for a Plymouth wagon. The car is so rare it is definitely worth the effort to do it right. Looking very good from the pictures. Keep us posted.
Gerry
PS. How are the mechcanicals? Many parts from other models should fit you wagon. Take care of those wheels. They only used them for one or two years, pretty rare. If you have the original wire harness, Rhode Island Wiring can make a factory correct replacement.

Just Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. We have heard the rain gutters are not cheap, but I doubt we can restore the old one to a usable condition It was nailed on, and I rarely see nails that grip as well as those.

This had sliding windows, back door & quarters, but we don't think they were dealer or factory. The pictures in the sales brochure looked like a roll up window option. What we have is a metal bracket around the opening on the outside and a wood trim piece on the inside that traps the dual window channel. I will try to get a good pic to post.

Almost everything was there, but not running. But it did roll. The engine was seized tight. Sticker on the A piller said last oil change was in 1962. Tailgate was gone, only thing there was a slab of plywood and a piece of plexiglass. No rear seats Front door hinge posts were badly rotted and had plywood patches inside/out, as did the back of the quarter panels.
p18plywood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: rain gutter nails Reply with quote

there's another thing you can find at Restoration Specialties, those small ring nails for the rain gutter.
Gerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: