Bob R's 1940 Station Wagon (under restoration)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Bob R's 1940 Station Wagon (under restoration) Reply with quote

1940 P10 Station Wagon

p18plywoody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: P10 wagon Reply with quote

Well you've got my interest. You've got your work cut out for you, but at least the metalwork seems complete. Keep us posted as you get into this project and if we might be of any help.
Gerry
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Bob.

We dont have a lot of information on pre 49 cars yet, but we will be adding it as we find it. Heres what we have on the 1940's so far:

http://plymouthwoodys.com/38plymouth.php
p18plywoody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: P10 Plymouth Reply with quote

Take really good care of that wood when you remove it. The construction of the earlier cars is flater and easier to reproduce than the 49 and 50 cars with their compound sculptural curves. I think you'll have enough to use as patterns. Do you have all of the hardware for the doors, tail and liftgate?
Gerry
Bob R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerry: I have all of the metal except for one corner sheet metal cap. I also am looking for the taillight hinge...luckily, there's just surface rust on the metal parts (Nevada car).
Bob
drgoat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in any info you could pass along as I just recently purchased a 40 plymouth woodie in about the same condition as yours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: