49 woodie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: 49 woodie Reply with quote

The end of a 5yr. project

Jul31387.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.83 KB
 Viewed:  31729 Time(s)

Jul31387.JPG

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Gus. Beautiful car!
givhar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful car! I'd be interested to see some "before" and "interim" photos of this project.
p18plywoody

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Rio Maroon 49 Reply with quote

This is the same Rio Maroon I am planning to paint my 49. I just hope it looks this good. I would love to see some pics of the inside if it is finished and maybe some general specs. Stock, modified, engine, trans, brakes, etc. How did you find a match for the factory color?
Gerry
steves27s

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we ever get more photos as requested? I just had the paint finished on mine (Rio Maroon) It is a BEAUTIFUL color in person. If you need info on getting the paint for yours, let me know....STEVE
p18plywood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Rio maroon Reply with quote

Hi Steve:
The original color of mine was the maroon and that is what I want to repaint it. I think it is classic for a wagon with an ash and mahogany body. I hope to get the sheet metal painted this summer. So far the weather hasn't cooperated. It has been like a sauna and raining much of the time. How did you match up the color and where did you find a formula for it?
Gerry

steves27s

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rubber gasket and painted steet flat retainer on the spare tire cover was removed and the paint on the strip was un touched and unseen since 1949. I sent it to a company in san diego and they matched it. I will get you the name this weekend. You can contact them and give them my name etc. and they will fix you up. It is a 1 step urethane and is $97/ QT. Takes 1-1/4 gals. It is great paint and needs no color sand and buff. Also used their poly red oxide primer surfacer thats great too.Will get to you later.......STEVE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: