49 Woody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Lockwood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: 49 Woody Reply with quote

First saw this car in a driveway in California, after a brief negotiation, I bought it and it is being shipped to me by professional movers. I t will be a driver, not a garage queen

03wow1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.96 KB
 Viewed:  33766 Time(s)

03wow1.jpg

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Ken. Is that the car Brian from Beach City gas restored? Did you buy it from him? If so you got yourself a very nice car.

http://www.beachcitygas.com/homepage/bcg2index.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: 49 Woody Reply with quote

Yes I did buy the car from Brian, it is a really nice car and Brian was a gentleman full of information and couldn't have been nicer or helpfull to deal with.
p18plywoody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken:
Glad you found our site. Brian told me he had sold the car to someone in NY. There are at least two other people in NY with 49s. If you want to get in touch with some of the other owners I'll see if I can find names in the NWC registry.
That car should be a turn key operation. He replaced or rebuilt every piece in it. I was very surprised that he would ever sell it.
Here in New England there is a very nice , active chapter of the Nat. Woodie Club, the Yankee Chapter. If you like I can get the contact information.
Best of luck with your Plymouth and many happy miles,
Gerry Vinci
New Bedford, Mass.
Ken Lockwood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gerry,

Thanks for the input, to be quite truthful I was surprised and pleased when Brian accepted my offer. The car isn't here yet, the transporter Blue Highways haveit on the truck that is now in Dayton, Ohio on a closed car carrier. I expect it to be here by Wednesday - I can't wait, this is very exciting. I also have a 1955 Ford F-100 that I've done a lot of work on, and that is a hoot to drive, there are a number of "Old Car Guys" around here and this "Woody" will get a lot of attention at the local Cruise Night.

I would really appreciate any info you can forward to me about the local collectors and the NWC also.

Thanks again,

Ken Lockwood
p18plywoody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again:
Nat. Woodie Club membership is John Lee PO Box 6134 Lincoln, NE. 68506. The person to contact for the regional Yankee Wood Chapter is Maria Maurer PO Box 645 Hopkinton MA. 01748.
Some of the other Plymouth wagon owners in the Empire State are
Robert Crozier, Amityville 631-598-0223
Peter Rose, Rhinebeck 845-876-2212
Joseph Spina, Middletown 845-355-6012
Lloyd Shulman, Carmel 914-225-3532
There, you should be off to a great start when the "new" car gets here.
Good luck,
Gerry
Ken Lockwood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the information, I will be using it shortly, the car is supposed to be here either this afternoon (evening) or tomorrow morning.

Regards, Ken Lockwood
Ralph Henry Williams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Brian and my 50 Woodie Reply with quote

Ken,it's a small world.Brian gave me a lot of advice before I started my restoRod work on my 50.It should be drivable by early April.If I can figure out how to download my pics off of my bluetooth phone I'll post some progress photos. My 50 should be completed by early summer. Ralph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlymouthWoodys.com Forum Index -> Member Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: